Google Ads (formerly Google AdWords and Google AdWords Express) is an online advertising solution that businesses use to promote their products and services on Google Search, YouTube, and through Google’s vast network of advertisers. Google Ads allows advertisers to choose specific goals for their ads, like driving phone calls or website visits. Google Ads allow the advertiser to specifically target preferred geographic regions with specific keywords and direct clicks to the appropriate content to connect your business with people looking for your products and services. Google ads allow your business to track the data of impressions and clicks so that you can optimize your content for greater conversion and lower ad cost.
The advantage of creating a Digital Ads campaign for a small business is that this platform lets you target geographic areas and keywords that your organic search isn’t reaching. Another great strategy is to capture brand search traffic that you cannot legally optimize your website for. Ex. Your company serves the HVAC market and people brand search for “Company X HVAC”. You can capture some of this traffic by properly optimizing your ad campaign.
Our Goal When Managing Your Google Ads Campaign:
- Maximum impressions
- Maximize highly targeted clicks
- Maximize landing page conversions
- Optimize for lowest cost per click
Google Ads, formerly Google AdWords, is one of the most prominent and widely used online advertising platforms. For small businesses, leveraging Google Ads offers several distinct advantages:
- Highly Targeted Advertising: Google Ads allows businesses to target specific keywords, demographics, locations, and times of day. This means your ad will appear to those most likely to be interested in your product or service, maximizing the effectiveness of your ad spend.
- Immediate Visibility: Unlike organic search engine optimization (SEO) strategies, which can take months to yield results, Google Ads provides immediate visibility on the search results page, allowing small businesses to drive traffic and sales quickly.
- Flexibility in Budget: You can start with a small budget and adjust it based on the performance of your ads. Google Ads operates on a pay-per-click (PPC) model, so you only pay when someone clicks on your ad, offering better control over costs.
- Measurable ROI: Google Ads provides detailed analytics, letting you know exactly how your ads perform. You can track everything from the number of clicks and impressions to conversions and the cost per acquisition.
- Local Targeting: For businesses that rely on local customers, Google Ads offers "local search ads," which can appear on Google Maps. This ensures that local customers can easily find your business nearby or search for local services.
- Ad Variety: Google Ads isn't just about search ads. The platform also includes Display Network (visual ads that appear on partner websites), Shopping Ads (product listings), and Video Ads (on platforms like YouTube).
- Brand Awareness: Even if users don't click on your ad, appearing at the top of search results can increase visibility and awareness for your brand.
- Retargeting Capabilities: With remarketing features in Google Ads, you can target users who have previously visited your website but didn't make a purchase or take a desired action. This keeps your brand top-of-mind and increases the chance of conversions.
- Competitor Analysis Tools: Google Ads provides tools and insights that can help you analyze your competitors' actions, giving you ideas on adjusting your strategy to outperform them.
- Ad Extensions: These enhance your ads with additional information and can significantly improve click-through rates. Extensions can include phone numbers, addresses, other links, and more.
- Responsive Ads: Google offers responsive search and display ads where you provide several headlines and descriptions, and the platform automatically tests different combinations to find the most effective one for your target audience.
- Control Over Ad Scheduling: You can choose the specific days and times when your ads will be displayed, allowing you to target peak periods when potential customers are most active.
- Access to a Massive Audience: Google dominates the search engine market, receiving billions of daily searches—advertising on Google grants access to a vast and diverse audience.
For many small businesses, Google Ads provides an accessible entry point into online advertising. The right strategy and continuous optimization can be a potent tool for driving growth and achieving business goals.